Video is having its moment. Miss it, and you’ll miss out.
With sales increasing between 6 and 30 per cent on products with video, retailers and manufacturers must stand up and take notice.
In an age of online shopping, video can act as the perfect digital sales assistant to happily demonstrate, explain and sell your products. Here are a few ways that you might consider using video to help sell your stock:
- Product showcase – highlight your product’s features, benefits and uses
- Product demo – physically demonstrate your product in action and explain how to use it
- Testimonials – use happy customers to wax lyrical about your products
- User-generated content – incentivise existing customers to film product reviews for you for the ultimate recommendation
- Added value – share knowledge and helpful advice with customers to gain their trust and boost your credibility as the expert in your field
- Experts/FAQs – address some of the questions that potential customers might have.
There’s a whole world of video options out there to help you clinch the sales and convert potential customers. One thing’s for certain – and that’s that you need to get it right. While shoddy video will reflect badly on your brand and could have a negative effect, a professional, quality video will make the difference and deliver everything you want – and more.
Video has become so important to consumers in recent years that more than half now say that watching product videos makes them feel more confident about going ahead and making a purchase.
In turn, it is of the utmost importance for businesses, too. Some 88 per cent of businesses say that video is an important part of their marketing strategy. Of businesses that use video, 76 per cent believe it provides good return on investment and 93 per cent believe it has increased understanding of their product or service. These statistics speak for themselves.
Today, video is king. To ignore it would be really missing a trick for your business.
Be a part of the video revolution.